Does anyone remember the "Amphetamine Speedway" promo ??
c***@yahoo.com
2014-11-17 06:37:17 UTC
I have been searching the archives for this one, it was a short parody promo for the US Amphetamine Speedway on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ! All I have found on the net is one blog from 2008 from some folks also looking for this gem.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-475237.html

It had some great lines in it and I am trying to find it, heard it on Dr D back in the 80's but never anywhere else.

Sunday! ! ! Sunday! ! !
See Jesus Christ and his twelve apostles in their blown fuel funny car!!!

Sundaaaayyyyyyy!

See Ralph Nader in his 5000 horsepower lunatic Corvair! ! !

SUNDAAAYYYY ! !

It went on and on...very funny.
Jeff Morris
2014-11-17 17:57:24 UTC
Did you hear this on KMET or KLSX or in syndication on Dr. Demento? Can you narrow down the time frame any more than 80s? It sounds kind of familiar to me, but not 100% sure it was on Dr. Demento. It sounds like a John Mammoser bit, but none of the items played on Dr. D by him sound like this. Or could it be a Bob & Tom bit?
Hart Larry
2014-11-18 17:34:41 UTC
In thinking about this, I think this was the Conception Corporation.
Hart
j***@calcentral.com
2015-01-05 00:42:02 UTC
Yes, it was the Conception Corporation from their 1976 Atlantic/Cotillion album, "A Pause in the Disaster". Their albums were re-released on a two-CD package by Rhino in 2000.
j***@gmail.com
2016-04-06 13:30:25 UTC
Conception corporation
j***@gmail.com