LYRICS WANTED: Hot Rod Lincoln
j***@gmail.com
2015-03-29 16:21:20 UTC
The orinal song was Hot Rod Race and was written in 1950 by 17 year old named Ron Wilson who lived in the Seattle area. His dad, George shared song with his friend Arkie Shipley who recorded it and sold the recordings where they (his band) performed locally.
Several versions have been recorded and Commander Cody and the Lost Airmen is the most recent and best known. I like to perform this song at karaoke bars, referring to it as the original Rap Song..
I gleaned this info from a Google search (imagine that) because the history of the song was so interesting. Ron Wilson didn't get a dime for his creative work, although his dad did get $500 when he sold the rights to the song, and that was not a small amount in 1950.

Hope that helps
Jim H
m***@gmail.com
2016-12-13 01:38:58 UTC
Hey Andy and Dementites,

Again, really enjoying going through the lists and interesting questions :).

I did a bit of searching myself (I have a thing about "Car Songs") and I found this:
"The Original Hot Rod Lincoln"

Pretty Boss :D (man, I haven't said that since I was a kid :p ).

It had to be the Dr. D show 1st hearing the song, but I seem to remember it was the "Johnny Bond" version (probably my fave version):

And then of course, the Johnny Cash version which is good as well.

Take care all,

- MAVIII