The Dr. Demento Show (live on KMET) - June 22, 1975 (5p-9p)
Jeff Morris
2018-03-12 21:23:57 UTC
On this show, it's interesting that he promotes the show being heard across
the country, since actually this was the first week of a hiatus for the
syndicated show. However, reruns may have been broadcast by some or all
stations during that hiatus.

This may be the first time he played "Cheerio, Cheery Lips, Cheerio" on
the show, although I'd have to check the prior two weeks to be sure. He
plays it followed by the standard (at that time) "Home Sweet Home" closing,
so he hadn't yet edited the two together to use the very end of the latter
after the former as he used for over 40 years starting later in 1975.

If anyone knows that the two items are played after #3, please let me know!

playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
The Dr. Demento Show (live on KMET) - June 22, 1975 (5p-9p)
Let's Do It - Lee Morse & Her Blue Grass Boys
Mr. Ghost Goes To Town - Jon Schwartz
She's Going Bald - The Beach Boys
The Flies Crawled Up The Window - Blue Lyres
Mairzy Doats - The Merry Macs
Lenny Frog - Thorndike Pickledish Pacifist Choir
My Werewolf Mama - Lenny Bruce

Dr. Demento Theme - The Persuasions
There Was A Fungus Among Us - Terry Noland
If You're A Viper - Rosetta Howard/Harlem Hamfats
Viper Mad - Sidney Bechet w/ Noble Sissle's Swingsters
Another Puff - Don Bowman
My Boomerang Won't Come Back - Charlie Drake
Boomerang - Kyle Kimbrough
Never Hit Your Grandma With A Shovel - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
The Masochism Tango (orchestral version) - Tom Lehrer
Johnny's Got A Yo Yo - Ruth Wallis
Minnie The Moocher's Wedding Day - The Boswell Sisters/The Dorsey Brothers
Hunting Tigers Out In Indiah - The Bonzo Dog Band
Ning Nang Nong - Spike Milligan
Pinetop's Troubles - Pine Top Smith

Shall We Walk Or Take A Dog - Freddy The Flea
Summertime, Summertime (brief in-studio performance) - Dr. Demento
Swimming Song - Loudon Wainwright III
Swimmin' With The Wimmin - George Formby
Hooray For Captain Spaulding (brief excerpt) - Groucho Marx
The Battle Of Kookamonga - Homer & Jethro
The French Mistake - Mel Brooks
Lobachevsky (live w/ intro) - Tom Lehrer

Paddlin' Madelin Home - Pasadena Roof Orchestra
Can't Afford No Shoes - Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention
I'm A Ding Dong Daddy - Bob Wills
Marcel's Talking Chainsaw - Jerry Clower
Walk Right In - Cannon's Jug Stompers

Engineer Bill Theme
Privy Song - Three Shifless Skonks
Fertilizer - Leo Teel & The Teelbillies
Oh Ma-Ma! - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees f/ Cliff "Red" Stanley
Pancho Lopez - Lalo Guerrero
Hot Dog Boogie - The Singing Dogs
Il Barkio - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
How Much Is That Hound Dog In The Window? - Homer & Jethro

Fash - Alan Seidler
Let's Do It - Noel Coward
Letters/poems

Naughty Lola - Marlene Dietrich
Liebestraum (radio version) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
I Faw Down And Go Boom - George Olsen
Papa's In Bed With His Britches On - Cab Calloway
Pub With No Beer - Slim Dusty
Bruces - Monty Python
Cocaine Blues - Dave Van Ronk

Jitterbug - Betty Hutton
Litterbug Song - Anonymous
Los Angeles, Los Angeles - The Zanies
Stick It, Shove It, Stuff It - Ben Light
Baking Soda - John Hartford
Sweet Violets - Billy Mitchell
El Monte - The Rubber Band
Florentine Pogen - Frank Zappa
Sarah Jane - Tune Wranglers

Huggin' And Chalkin' - Clancy Hayes
Roll Your Leg Over (part 2) - Oscar Brand
Thank U Very Much - The Scaffold
Happy Birthday To You (brief in-studio performance) - Dr. Demento
Chaos - Arbogast & Ross
Mercedes Benz (brief in-studio performance) - Dr. Demento
#10 Them Poems - Jim Connor
#9 Highly Illogical - Leonard Nimoy
You Went The Wrong Way Old King Louie (brief in-studio performance) - Captain Chaos
#8 You Went The Wrong Way Old King Louie - Allan Sherman
EXTRA: Jesus Is Easy - Martin Mull
piano sketch (live in studio) - Jungle Judy & Captain Chaos
#7 Rosie Don't Bang On The Piano - Cliff Ferre w/ The Cafe Society Quintet
#6 Redback On The Toilet Seat - Slim Newton
EXTRA: Soda Jerk - Ruth Wallis
#5 Say Guy Ya Wanna Boogie - Sgt. Charts

#4 Poisoning Pigeons In The Park (orchestral version) - Tom Lehrer
Take Me Out To The Ball Game (brief in-studio performance) - Jungle Judy, Dr. Demento, & Captain Chaos
#3 Who's On First (minor edit) - Abbott & Costello
Take Me Out To The Ball Game (brief in-studio performance) - Dr. Demento
EXTRA: Bowling On The Green - ?
? (excerpt) - ?
#2 Sidewalk Surfin' - Jan & Dean
#1 Hooray For Captain Spaulding - Groucho Marx
Cheerio Cherry Lips Cheerio - Gordon Wallace
Cheerio, Cherry Lips, Cheerio (brief in-studio performance) - Dr. Demento
CLOSING: Home Sweet Home - The Roto Rooter Good Time Christmas Band
Birthday Cake Polka - Sheriff John (w/ in-studio sing-a-long by Jungle Judy & Captain Chaos) [played after closing]
e***@gmail.com
2018-04-06 16:36:29 UTC
The artist of Bowling on the green is sparks featuring Flo and eddie. The song between the extra and number 2 is They are going to be here by the Male brothers.
e***@gmail.com
2018-04-06 16:40:19 UTC
Bill brothers
Jeff Morris
2018-04-07 16:22:40 UTC
Wow, thank you for the info! Are these on any albums or are they unreleased? I had figured "Bowling On The Green" was from the 50s or something, but it's like Sparks to do an imitation like that.
e***@gmail.com
2018-04-07 21:06:56 UTC
I think the bowling on the green might be unrealesed tape, because I looked on Wikipedia and it turns out Sparks did a tour promoting the albums Kimono my house and propaganda with Flo and Eddie as the supporting act.