The Dr. Demento Show #16-02 - January 9, 2016
Jeff Morris
2016-01-09 14:59:40 UTC
playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
* You can request songs for the show at http://drdemento.com/request/
* Past playlists are at the Demented Music Database (http://dmdb.org/)
* The Dr. Demento Show is online at http://drdemento.com/online.html?i=DDS1602

The Dr. Demento Show #16-02 - January 9, 2016
Special Topic: weather

Leia (and other assorted Star Wars parodies) - Power Salad
The "Star Wars Stars" - The Force
Hey, E.T. - Dickie Goodman
I Want To Be Peter Lorre - Tom Smith
Stallone Again, Naturally - Barry Mitchell
A Cane And A High Starched Collar (takes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) - Elvis Presley
Demented News With Whimsical Will

S. O. B. - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
Cocktails For Two - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Eleanor Rigby - Doodles Weaver
Joe Bean - Johnny Cash
The Boss Man Knows What You Did On His Day Off - Derwood Bowen
Last Day At Work - Mikey Mason
White Coats - Smashy Claw

Weather Forecast - The Master Singers
Biblical Weather Prophecy (edit) - Tom Konkle
It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall
The Global Warming Song - Ray Stevens
Climate Mash - Bobby Pickett

Shoveling - Tom Chapin
Shovel Shovel Snow 'Til You Pop A Blood Vessel - Duh Cheezers
The Drifting, Vistling Snow - Slim Jim & The Westerners w/ The Honeytones
Yellow Snow! Yellow Snow! Yellow Snow! - Bob Rivers
I Still Write Your Name In The Snow - Chet Atkins
The New Street People (Cold Weather Version) - Christine Lavin & The New Port Richey Bodacious Butt Kickers

It Never Rains In Sunny California (1944 radio broadcast) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
With The Wind And The Rain In Your Hair - Bea Shaw & Bruce Hayes
Purple Rain - Tom "T-Bone" Stankus
Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man) - The Serendipity Singers
Down Came The Rain - Mister Murray
Rain (excerpt) - Arnold Frank & His Roger's Cafe Orchestra
Singin' In The Rain (from Hollywood Revue Of 1929) - Cliff Edwards
April Showers - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Didn't It Rain - Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Some Weather - The Frantics
John Kettley Is A Weatherman - A Tribe Of Toffs

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow/Nanook Rubs It - Frank Zappa
next week: big
x***@gmail.com
2016-01-12 08:57:52 UTC
Hey can I get a hand here? clap clap clap

I have written an original parody song! So I had this fantasy that Weird Al would pick it up. But Weird Al does not accept submitted material, or so it says on his web. He recommends recording it and sending it to the Doctor just like he (Al) did.

Problem is, I had thyroid surgery and it messed up my freaking vocal cords. Not that they were that great to begin with. a kakakaka-kah!

So, I am wondering if there are any demented musicians out there who could give my song a rock voice. I think it is a pretty good parody, but you know how that goes! Our own stuff dont stink!

I guess it would be ideal if it was done here in northern california?
Or do we just skype nowadays and do it in Poland? I am utterly clueless.

How much would it cost me for someone with good diction and a male rock voice to just to get it down on tape, or a thumb drive, or whatever medium Doctor D is taking these days?

I need help!