Copycat Game
RH Draney
2017-05-08 05:23:58 UTC
Last week a fellow member of my pub trivia team brought up the subject
of songs that sound alike, and mentioned Damaskas's "Copycat Corner"
from the late '70s/early '80s...I told her I had heard and recorded the
segments of that from the syndicated show on cassette back in the day,
but those tapes are in seriously bad shape now if I even still have all
of them...figured, however, that they're probably all out on
DrDemento.com....

Was surprised to see that only a few installments are available in the
online archive (for the most part, it's the first few times out that
have been preserved and put up)...is there any effort underway that I
should know about to address this particular era in the near future?...r
Jeff Morris
2017-05-13 14:44:33 UTC
Shows are added every week. I do the transfers based on the schedule made by Mose and Dr. D, which is largely based on what people request (minus those I can't locate reasonably complete copies of), but there is also an attempt to keep a variety of years. Generally KMET shows from 1979 and 1980 are each posted twice a year. Most if not all of those also aired on the syndicated show. If there are particular ones you want to hear, hit Mose up.