Dr. D premieres Luke Ski's "The Spongy Dance"!
the great Luke Ski
2004-06-21 05:04:22 UTC
A brief Luke Ski update...

DR. DEMENTO PREMIERES "THE SPONGY DANCE" BY 'THE GREAT LUKE SKI'!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? THE - GREAT - LUKE - SKI!!!...
Actually, no. The answer to that question is the subject of Luke Ski's
newest parody tribute song, the traditionally animated undersea everyman,
"SpongeBob Squarepants", star of his self-named TV comedy cartoon show, soon
to be a feature length theatrically released 2004 movie. The original song
that Luke parodied for this one is the greatest hit of the old school
hip-hop funk masters of fun party music, Digital Underground's "The Humpty
Dance". Yes, you all remember Humpty Hump, the groucho-nosed, wacky-hat,
pimp-suit wearing purveyor of such classic lines as "Hypotheitical political
lyrical Miracle Whip." Now cross that with Mr. SquarePants and your 'Brain'
can just imagine just how 'Insane' this song sounds.

But you need not imagine what it sounds like, you can hear it for yourself
by REQUESTING for Dr. Demento to play the song over and over again!!!!! How
do you do that? It's simple! You can REQUEST it here:
http://www.clamhead.com/drdrequest.html. You can also make a request by
e-mailing ***@drdemento.com, calling "the Odd Tune Hotline" at
1-562-ODD-TUNE, or sending a letter to "the Dr. Demento Show", PO Box 884,
Culver City, CA 90232.

Are you ready to request, kids?! IIIIIII'M REAAADY! I'M READY! I'M READY!
I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M
READY!... :)

Also, as long as the sponge is out of the bag, I could use some help getting
my hands on some props for my live performance of the song. I need
hand-held sized plush dolls of SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and
Plankton. The only place I've seen them lately is inside those infernal
crane games that I can never win. If anyone knows where I can get my hands
on some dolls of the aforementioned SpongeBob SquarePants characters, please
let me know as soon as possible. Thanks, and I'll talk to you all later!

~~~

And a reminder about this weekend for those of you in or near Ohio...

ORIGINS 2004 - Entertainment Guest of Honor
http://www.originsgames.com
Columbus, OH - Hyatt Regency
June 24, 25, 26, & 27th, 2004

This to the best of my current knowledge, is my schedule for Origins:

Thursday, 8:00 pm - Luke Ski Concert (45 minutes)
Friday, 7:00 pm - Luke Ski Concert - next to Delaware Ballroom (45 minutes)
Friday, 8:00 pm - Origins Awards Ceremony, cameo performance (10 minutes) -
Delaware Ballroom
Saturday, 6:30 pm - Hall Of Fame Banquet (I think this just a meal, not a
performance)
Saturday, 10:00 pm - Luke Ski Concert (headlining show, 75 minutes)
Sunday, 11:00 am - Guest of Honor Presentation (a Q&A panel I think)

Other Origins notes: I should have a dealer table there for selling CDs and
drawing caricatures, but I do not know if I'll actually be able to man it,
nor will I be able to get anybody else to man it for me. Check up with me
when I get there for my dealer table appearance schedule. I'm also
supposedly going to be doing a gaming session of the game "Cranium", but I
don't know where or when. Again, check with me when I get there. And
finally, there is a gaming documentary called "Uber Goober" which is
premiering at various times throughout Origins (Thursday at 10pm; Friday at
3pm, Saturday at 10am, and Sunday at 2pm). I am in this documentary making
commentary on the gaming and fandom community, and performing a song or two.
I have not seen it yet either, so I'll be sure to catch at least once as
well. I'll update this tentative schedule if any changes occur. Thanks, and
I look forward to seeing you all there. :)
--
Luke Collis Sienkowski, a.k.a. "the great Luke Ski!"

GNOME Productions
***@Juno.com / http://www.LukeSki.com
AOL IM handle: thegreatLukeSki / ICQ info: Luke Ski, #19122313
"MIDIcian" (tm)
2004-06-21 05:33:22 UTC
Post by the great Luke Ski
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
We ALL live there. :-)

Stan,
www.thesequencers.us
'The Beatles'
Twinslo
2004-06-21 12:56:11 UTC
Where is POOH?
Edwin
2004-06-21 17:17:53 UTC
Post by Twinslo
Post by "MIDIcian" (tm)
Post by the great Luke Ski
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
We ALL live there. :-)
Stan,
www.thesequencers.us
'The Beatles'
Where is POOH?
Hey Great Luke Ski!
Write a song about POOH!
"MIDIcian" (tm)
2004-06-22 05:32:50 UTC
"Genius Al" has written at least a couple - one's titled "Fat", and the
other (that I know about) is called "Grapefruit Diet", as I understand it.
+- +- +- +- +- +- +-
Post by Edwin
Write a song about POOH!
David Tanny
2004-06-21 16:32:15 UTC
Post by the great Luke Ski
A brief Luke Ski update...
DR. DEMENTO PREMIERES "THE SPONGY DANCE" BY 'THE GREAT LUKE SKI'!
great song. Already got one request to run the song on dfsxradio.com.
can't wait to get it. :-)

d.t.
dfsxradio.com