The Dr. Demento Show (live on KMET) - August 3, 1980 (6p-10p)
Jeff Morris
2014-09-29 16:09:50 UTC
This show features a longer edit of "Pooh For President" than he normally
plays, including some of the story, which allows us to hear the voice of
Whimsical Will before he was Whimsical! This show aired 7 weeks before
Will joined the Dr. D cast on KMET.

playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
* You can request songs for the show at http://drdemento.com/request/
* Past playlists are at the Demented Music Database (http://dmdb.org/)
* The Dr. Demento Show is online at http://drdemento.com/online.html?i=DDS14

The Dr. Demento Show (live on KMET) - August 3, 1980 (6p-10p)
Non Skid Manure - Joe Venuti & His Onyx Club Boys
Draft Dodger Rag - Phil Ochs

Desert Blues - Leon Redbone
Tiptoe Thru The Tulips With Me - The New Christy Minstrels
Romping Through The Swamp - Dave Van Ronk
Sweeping Through The Gates - Welling & McGhee [w/ added sound effects]
I Don't Want No More Of Army Life - Texas Jim Robertson
My Brother Makes The Noises For The Talkies (brief accidental excerpt) - Jack Payne
My Brother Makes The Noises For The Talkies - Jack Payne
The Super Special Picture Of The Year - The Yacht Club Boys
At The Moving Picture Ball (excerpt) - Freddie Fisher
The Humphrey Bogart Rhumba - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Dr. Demento Interview - Chris Bay & Dave Berman
Darth Vader - Alex Bennett
Here Come The Fleas - White Noise
Save The Roach For Me - Buck Washington
You Can't Smoke Marijuana In Moscow (brief in-studio parody) - Dr. Demento
Russian Band Stand - Spencer & Spencer
The Merry Minuet - The Kingston Trio
Pollution - Tom Lehrer
Smoke On The Water - Bob Wills
The Fisherman - Chris Lane

Sunday Driving - Jerry Lewis
Too Darn Hot - Kiss Me Kate Original Broadway Cast

The Shah's Embroidered Psychedelic Pants - Biff Rose
The Shiek Of Araby - Don Albert & His Orchestra
Turkish Delight (edit) - Ray Noble & His Mayfair Orchestra
Thank U Very Much - Scaffold

Waffles (excerpt) - Irving Aaronson & His Commanders
Waffle Whiffer - Brad Stanfield
I Had But Fifty Cents - R. Crumb
Etiquette Blues - Morrison & Reeves
Winnie The Pooh For President (edit) - Larry Groce w/ Sterling Holloway & supporting cast

Twisted - Lambert, Hendricks & Ross
The Intellectuals' Rag - Julius Monk
Futt Futt Futt - Tonio K.
Tableau Of A Bladder Operation - Carel Boomkamp
Floating Kidney - Korn Kobblers

Witch Doctor - David Seville
Zilch - The Monkees
Drugs (new version) - Damaskas

Juanita Banana - The Peels
I Dream Of Brownie With The Light Blue Jeans - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Cobwebs And Strange - The Who
Juanita Banana (Part 2) - The Peels
We Are The Nowtones - Blotto

Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III
Winnebagos On A Rampage - John Palme & The Jokers
Hot Rod Race - Ramblin' Jimmie Dolan

Calling All Cars - The Four Aces
The Little Fat Policeman - The Sandpiper Singers

Long Beach - Paraquat Kelley & Sammy Hagar
Avalon (excerpt) - Al Jolson
Hollywood Holiday - Bebe Daniels, Skeets Gallagher & Ben Lyon
El Monte - Llyn Foulkes & The Rubber Band
Memories Of El Monte - The Penguins
Goin' To Pasadena - Fun With Animals
Pico And Sepulveda (The Street Song) - Felix Figueroa & His Orchestra
Musical Mike's Jazz Corner: Ideas - Monk Hazel & His Bineville Roof Orchestra

#10 Earache My Eye Featuring Alice Bowie - Cheech & Chong
#9 Existential Blues - Tom (T-Bone) Stankus

#8 Psycho Chicken (live) - The Fools
#7 My Girl's Pussy - R. Crumb
#6 My Bologna - "Weird Al" Yankovic
#5 Dead Puppies - Ogden Edsl Wahalia Blues Ensemble Mondo Bizzario Band

#4 Shaving Cream - Dr. Demento
#3 Ayatollah - Steve Dahl
#2 Stardrek - Bobby Pickett & Peter Ferrara
EXTRA: Chederanian National Anthem - Mystic Knights Of The Oingo Boingo
#1 Fish Heads - Barnes & Barnes
Fish Heads (brief in-studio performance) - Dr. Demento
next week: John Landis will be my co-host and we'll have special introductions to some wonderful songs from Dan Aykroyd & John Belushi, The Blues Brothers pickin' their favorites
in two weeks: Tonio K. is going to be a co-host
m***@gmail.com
2016-12-13 03:25:12 UTC
Aww man,

I may have had this episode, I LOVED that song "Long Beach" by Paraquat Kelley & Sammy Hagar. It was a premonition for me to later live in Venice, and then Santa Monica many years later.

I wish I had all those cassettes I recorded :'(.

- MAVIII