plastic Jesus
s***@gmail.com
2019-01-08 00:17:48 UTC
For no especially good reason, some friends and I would like to find the
name of the artist and the complete lyrics to the song in the movie "Cool
Hand Luke", which begins with ...
I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Settin' on the dashboard of my car.
I think there are more lyrics than what was sung in the movie, but I'm not
certain of this.
Please email to me, or post here for the enjoyment of all.
Thanks.
Also, has anyone run across a CD or tape with a collection of such stupid
songs on it?
Barry Brown
Barry - did you ever find out who performed the Imus version, and if a recording is available?

Thanks!

Randy
e***@gmail.com
2019-01-08 03:13:17 UTC
It is available to listen here:

Don't know who sings the song tho.
Jeff Morris
2019-01-12 16:07:26 UTC
I didn't hear the "Plastic Jesus" song in that clip, but did hear his Billy Sol Hargis character.