Who sang "I Ran Over The Taco Bell Dog"?
jjmoreta
2005-12-01 04:21:34 UTC
I'm currently organizing my mp3's and came across this oldie. It was
credited to the wrong person, but I have been unable to find any
information on the artist! Was it an anonymous release? Was it ever
played on Dr. Demento? I can't remember where I first heard it, but I
have heard it on the radio before.

If you can't quite recall it, this website has it:
http://www.nearlygood.com/audio/ranovertacodog.html

As usual, this song is credited to a variety of people from Weird Al to
Cheech and Chong, but most commonly to Adam Sandler (it isn't him).

With much googling, the only other 2 "regular" artists I could find this
credited to are:

1. Tim [Scott] & Mark [Derringer] (Phoenix radio morning show, they
retired 1/05, no info)
2. Chingo Bling (rapper, his image doesn't seem to fit)

I can't find anything concrete linking them or anyone to this song. Can
anyone help me solve this mystery and give credit where it's due?

- Joanne
Carl Pearson
- Joanne
Daniel Armstrong
2005-12-02 06:24:07 UTC
Post by jjmoreta
[...]
I have it listed as Robin Williams also and it also kinda sounds like him to
me.
leeuniverse
2021-09-02 22:45:13 UTC
Post by Daniel Armstrong
[...]
After a bunch of research, it seems it's actually by "Tim & Mark" according to this page.
https://genius.com/Tim-and-mark-i-ran-over-the-taco-bell-dog-lyrics