Unknown 1980s song about gadaffi, please help me identify
k***@gmail.com
2012-07-27 19:06:20 UTC
See youtube:

Everyone,

I have a stack of cassettes from back in the eighties containing tons of music. I've been able
to identify and track down every song but this one. I've searched for many years and can't
find a trace. I'm hoping someone may stumble across this and give me a clue..Thanks!

I _think_ this might have come out in 1986, give or take, and may have been near the
bombing of Libya (which in turn was a result of a bomb exploding in a German nightclub). Reagan was in office.
But I could be wrong..

The lyrics, as best as I can tell, is something like this:

Muammar
Muammar
Muammar
Muammar

Hey Muammar Gaddafi, better listen tight
If you want to live to see tonight
You been shootin' off your mouth
And you know it's true
So let me tell you what we're goin' to do
You're a loud mouth libyan and you got no class
If you mess with us we're going to kick your....

Muammar
Muammar

You made Ronnie made and that ain't cool
You better shape up you olive-skin fool
I said hey Muammar get on your knees
And beg us not to bomb Tripoli
If you see our planes up in the sky
You can bend right over and kiss your butt good-bye

Muammar
Muammar

Pretty soon Muammar you'll be history
If you keep on messing with uncle Ronnie
You got us Americans in a rage
We're gonna bomb you back to the stone age
What do you think that you can do
You done bit off more than you can chew

You wear your bedclothes like a hat
Just like your buddy Yasser Arafat
You're a rag-headed dude
You're a camel-riding fool
I think you better go to Sunday School
If you wake up one morning
And there ain't no grass
And your front yard looks like a sheet of glass

There ain't no skin that's on your bones
There ain't no static on your telephone
There's nothing but a hole where your house used to be
You can thank uncle Ronnie and the Minuteman III

Just one thing before I go
If you want radiation to fall like snow
Just keep on shootin' off your main gap
And we'll have you in our rat trap

Muammar
Muammar
Muammar
Muammar

Thanks for looking. I posted a brief recording from the cassettte on youtube:

http://youtu.be/wqDSstSEoH4
R H Draney
2012-07-27 20:17:35 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/wqDSstSEoH4
I have a stack of cassettes from back in the eighties containing tons of music.
I've been able
to identify and track down every song but this one. I've searched for many years and can't
find a trace. I'm hoping someone may stumble across this and give me a clue..Thanks!
I _think_ this might have come out in 1986, give or take, and may have been near the
bombing of Libya (which in turn was a result of a bomb exploding in a German
nightclub). Reagan was in office.
But I could be wrong..
Any chance it was "Feel the Heat (Khadafy)" by The Patriots?...DMDB says the Doc
only played it once, on the KMET show, March 9th 1986...the show isn't one of
those available at the Demento Online Club, so I can't check your lyrics or your
YouTube clip against the track....r
--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.
Jeff Morris
2012-09-07 14:52:56 UTC
Post by R H Draney
Any chance it was "Feel the Heat (Khadafy)" by The Patriots?...DMDB says the Doc
only played it once, on the KMET show, March 9th 1986...the show isn't one of
those available at the Demento Online Club, so I can't check your lyrics or your
YouTube clip against the track....r
I checked that, and it's a rap, so probably the closest thing to the song he's looking for, but it's not it. I also checked "I Draw The Line" by Khadafy Duck from KMET 3-30-86, but that's of course a parody of "I Walk The Line" and not what he's looking for. And I checked all the songs from the bonus tracks on show 11-11 from last year, and none match.

Do you know what radio station this was recorded from? Were you in Los Angeles and would've heard the show on KMET? If not, I doubt it's from Dr. Demento, because he didn't often play things this topical on the national show in the 80s, since it was recorded about 2 1/2 weeks in advance and news events could change in the meantime.

Maybe it was a local group played on your local station, maybe even DJs at the station. Just a guess.
h***@gmail.com
Was it set to the song Lola. Was on Q104 out of KC Missouri?
b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/wqDSstSEoH4
r***@gmail.com
2019-01-27 02:49:54 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
[...]
It wasn't set to Lola, for sure. At this point, I just assume it was something created locally (This was Corpus Christi, TX, probably KITE-105 or KZPS). Given that, it was probably an extremely small audience, so very little chance of ever actually finding anyone connected to it.