looking for a song
m***@gmail.com
2018-07-29 21:08:46 UTC
I'm looking for a song parody that I only heard a few times, and am
wondering if anyone here knows what I'm looking for. Shortly
after Kurt Cobain died, someone who sounded a lot like Hoyt Axton did
a remake of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain".
Someone played this for me once, and I'm pretty sure it was Pinkard &
Bowden on The Bob & Tom Show. They may have done it other places too,
of course. I don't know if it was ever released or not.
Todd -

Are you able or do you know where a copy of the Pinkard & Bowden parody song is? It was on the radio of course, but all my searches have turned up nothing. Thanks!
e***@gmail.com
2018-07-30 19:26:50 UTC
It is probably an unreleased tape, because I can only find a cover of the song on YouTube.
Jeff Morris
2018-08-04 14:18:33 UTC
I'm not sure. I just have a vague memory of hearing it on Bob & Tom on the radio many years ago. I'm pretty sure P&B never released it, but not sure if it's on any of the dozens of B&T compilations.
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-04 20:31:24 UTC
Post by Jeff Morris
I'm not sure. I just have a vague memory of hearing it on Bob & Tom on the radio many years ago. I'm pretty sure P&B never released it, but not sure if it's on any of the dozens of B&T compilations.
It was on Bob & Tom, and for a little while it was available as a VIP, but they took the song off there as well. UGH! I wish I could find a clean copy even recorded off the radio. Thank you for all the support!