60s novelty song
j***@gmail.com
2015-10-04 15:23:20 UTC
I have been trying to find the title and lyrics of a novelty song I heard, I believe, in the 60s. Perhaps someone here can help me. The song starts out detailing the funeral of a Casper Milquetoast-type guy, whom everyone thought was meek and mild. But as the song went on, more and larger groups of women kept arriving, and we are left to conclude this guy was anything but meek and mild when away from home. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
Jeff Morris
2015-10-10 13:12:17 UTC
It sounds a bit familiar, but I can't think what it is. It's not "A Dying Business" by the Chad Mitchell Trio, which is also about a funeral. Maybe try posting your question in "The Dr. Demento Show - OFFICIAL" group on Facebook. There are more people reading that these days than rec.music.dementia.
j***@gmail.com
2015-10-11 04:38:43 UTC
I don't see offhand how I would do that. Is there a link for joining up?
Jeff Morris
2015-10-17 13:08:04 UTC
Let me know if this link works:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/drdemento/
j***@gmail.com
2015-10-17 15:26:28 UTC
Jeff, that link works to an extent. I get to Dr. Demento's website. There are two links there to Join Group. When I click either of those, the upper link changes to Pending and stays there. Later, it changes back to Join Group, and I am still unable to post on the site.
Jeff Morris
2015-10-24 14:07:28 UTC
Well that's weird. I'm not an admin of the group, but I'll forward this to Chris and see what he has to say.
Jeff Morris
2015-10-26 17:58:46 UTC
Chris asked for your name so he can be sure to approve you next time you request to be added to the group.
j***@gmail.com
2015-10-31 02:55:42 UTC
The link you gave me - https://www.facebook.com/groups/drdemento/ - appears to be broken or no longer in existence. I get an error message when I click it. So at this time, I can not even ask to be approved.
Jeff Morris
2015-10-31 14:08:09 UTC
That's weird, it works for me. I copied and pasted the link from your post. I wonder if it doesn't work unless you're logged into Facebook. I tried using it in a browser where I wasn't logged in and it prompted me to login. Do you have a Facebook account? What are you getting when you go to that link?
j***@gmail.com
2015-11-03 05:44:21 UTC
Post by Jeff Morris
That's weird, it works for me. I copied and pasted the link from your post. I wonder if it doesn't work unless you're logged into Facebook. I tried using it in a browser where I wasn't logged in and it prompted me to login. Do you have a Facebook account? What are you getting when you go to that link?
I do have a Facebook account and am logged in as we speak. When I click the link, I get this message:

This content is currently unavailable.

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home
Jeff Morris
2015-11-07 15:00:13 UTC
That is very bizarre. I don't pretend to be an expert at Facebook. What if you do a group search for The Dr. Demento Show - Official, does it come up then?
Jeff Morris
2015-11-23 14:45:29 UTC
Did you ever get into the Facebook group, or did you give up?