One hen
d***@methuen.k12.ma.us
2017-01-06 14:08:02 UTC
Ten ...... Denizens of the Deep, who haul quay around the quoh in a quivvey
in the quarry, all at the same time.
...At least I _think_ that's what it says. Quay is something like straw,
maybe. A quivvey (sp?) holds your arrows. We all know what a quarry is.
Quoh (sp?) I was told, once, is a corner.
Andy
A "Quiver" is for holding arrows, not "Quivvey." Still can't find a definition for Quivvey.
-Dave Shaheen
d***@methuen.k12.ma.us
2017-01-06 14:43:48 UTC
"Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizens of the deep who all"...
WHAT??
This has been driving me nuts for ages- I can't make out what they said
on the record.
J. Alan Septimus
f***@earthlink.net
2018-02-20 04:15:07 UTC
"Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizens of the deep who all"...
WHAT??
This has been driving me nuts for ages- I can't make out what they said
on the record.
J. Alan Septimus
• One hen.
• Two ducks.
• Three squawking geese.
• Four limerick oysters.
• Five corpulent porpoises.
• Six pairs of Don El Verzo’s tweezers.
• Seven thousand Macedonians in full battle array.
• Eight brass monkeys from the ancient, sacred crypts of Egypt.
• Nine apathetic, sympathetic, diabetic old men on roller skates, with a marked propensity toward ,and sloth.
• Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizen of the deep, who haul, stall around the corner of the quo, of the quay, of the quivvy, all at the same time.

Quivvy (sp) has to with a dock or pier. Not being particularly nautical myself, I am unable to specify authoritatively as to what that might be. Also #6 is my phonetic spelling. I saw Jerry say it on Carson's show, and memorized it then, phonetically.
RH Draney
2018-02-20 13:11:32 UTC
Post by f***@earthlink.net
[...]
Six is "Don Alverzo's" tweezers...Don Alverzo appears to be a pseudonym
of a shady lawyer somehow involved in the Sc**nt*l*gy movement....

In number nine, the marked propensity is to both "procrastination and
sloth"....r