The Dr. Demento Show #16-37 - September 10, 2016
Jeff Morris
2016-09-10 13:49:28 UTC
playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
* You can request songs for the show at http://drdemento.com/request/
* Past playlists are at the Demented Music Database (http://dmdb.org/)
* The Dr. Demento Show is online at http://drdemento.com/online.html?i=DDS1637

The Dr. Demento Show #16-37 - September 10, 2016
Special Topic: Canada

Anything You Can Do - Barbra Streisand w/ Jimmy Fallon
Try To Remember (parody) - Paul Shanklin
Delete It - Demand The Outdoors
The School Cafeteria (bedroom version) - Alfred Yankovic
I Love Onions - Susan Christie
Wyatt Earp Makes Me Burp - Spike Jones
Demented News With Whimsical Will

The Orange County Rolling Acres Senior Center Cannabis Club - Roy Zimmerman
Illegal Smile - John Prine
The Piano Has Been Drinking (on Fernwood 2-Night) - Tom Waits
Never Wear Panties To A Party - Kacey Jones
Donald Trump's Hair - Kacey Jones
But I'm Not Bitter - Kacey Jones

Baseball Football - George Carlin
What It Was, Was Football (Part I & Part II) - Deacon Andy Griffith
The Day Of The Game - Peerless Quartet
Ten Minute University: Football - John Moschitta
Fight Fiercely, Harvard (original studio version) - Tom Lehrer

Golden Gridiron Boy - Randy Newman
I Fell Asleep At The Football Game (excerpt) - Eddie Paul & His Paramount Orchestra
Football - Eric Idle & Neil Innes
Football Is The Game Of The Lord - Morris Micklewhite & The Black Jacks
Dropkick Me, Jesus - Bobby Bare
Jesus Christ Football Star - Martin Mull
Feetball - Benny Rubin

Circular Impression - The Extras
Canadian Idiot - "Weird Al" Yankovic
Keep God Out Of Canada - Aaron Ackerson
The Toronto Song - Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie
Carrot Juice Is Murder - The Arrogant Worms
The Car Alarm - Radio Free Vestibule
The Human Race - The Frantics
PMS Airlines - The Royal Canadian Air Farce
Keep Your Parents Off The Internet - Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie
Oh Boy, Do I Love Bears - Uncle Smoky
The Great Mosquito Hunt (edit) - Lorne Elliott
Little Toot - MacLean & MacLean
The Smallest Thing Known To Man - Lorne Elliott
Heaven Is For Presbyterians - The Frantics

The Rodeo Song - Showdown
Let's Talk Dirty To The Animals - Gilda Radner
next week: obnoxious people
Nicole Pearson
I was hoping you could help me find a certain L.A. version of Halloween. I don't remember the year; but I do recall Dr. Demento actually said "Happy Birthday, Nathan" I had called that day and requested that, several times! I was told Dr. Demento does not do that; but towards the end of his show, he did!
Jeff Morris
2016-09-12 17:41:36 UTC
That will take some searching. Do you have any clue when it was? It could be any time from 1970 to 1997, so if you could narrow down the timeframe somewhat that would be helpful. It was the last Sunday in October then, definitely on the full Halloween show? Was it your actual birthday that day or just close to your birthday? If it was your actual birthday, there won't be too many possibilities when that happened on a Sunday.