70's Dr. Demento in Atlanta, ending song
g***@sbcglobal.net
2006-12-15 09:08:12 UTC
I've been trying for years to find out the name of the very odd song
that was always used as the end song for the syndicated Dr. Dementio
show in the Atlanta Georgia area... I remember the last words were
"...and don't forget the spare tire"

Can anyone help me with a name, artist, mp3, anything on this song?

Thanks

Gillian
e***@insightbb.com
2006-12-15 11:12:01 UTC
Post by g***@sbcglobal.net
I've been trying for years to find out the name of the very odd song
that was always used as the end song for the syndicated Dr. Dementio
show in the Atlanta Georgia area... I remember the last words were
"...and don't forget the spare tire"
Can anyone help me with a name, artist, mp3, anything on this song?
Thanks
Gillian
The only song besides "Cherrio, Cherry Lips, Cherrio" By Scrappy
Lambert
was the orginal song Dr. Demento used was "Home Sweet Home" by The
Goodtime Christmas Band.
e***@insightbb.com
2006-12-15 11:18:05 UTC
Post by e***@insightbb.com
Post by g***@sbcglobal.net
I've been trying for years to find out the name of the very odd song
that was always used as the end song for the syndicated Dr. Dementio
show in the Atlanta Georgia area... I remember the last words were
"...and don't forget the spare tire"
Can anyone help me with a name, artist, mp3, anything on this song?
Thanks
Gillian
The only song besides "Cherrio, Cherry Lips, Cherrio" By Scrappy
Lambert
was the orginal song Dr. Demento used was "Home Sweet Home" by The
Goodtime Christmas Band. And he always says "Don't forget to stay demented!" and then the sound effect beep at the very end.
Edwin
snuffy
2006-12-15 12:56:44 UTC
Don't know about being the end song, but that could be from 'Despair Tire'
by Seatrain.

05-19-1991 and 02-20-2005 shows.

snuffy
g***@gmail.com
2018-08-18 01:20:55 UTC
Post by snuffy
Don't know about being the end song, but that could be from 'Despair Tire'
by Seatrain.
05-19-1991 and 02-20-2005 shows.
snuffy
THAT is the song! I found it! Thank you for your help!

snuffy
2006-12-15 13:35:52 UTC
I'll post the song over at alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.dr_demento

Here's the album info:

The Marblehead Messenger
Seatrain
Initial release : 1971

Capitol 829

The third Seatrain LP.

Buy from amazon.com

album cover
Tracks

* Gramercy (Kulberg/Roberts)
* The State of Georgia's Mind (Kulberg/Roberts)
* Protestant Preacher (Rowan)
* Lonely's Not the Only Way to Go (Baskin)
* How Sweet Thy Song (Rowan)
* Marblehead Messenger (Kulberg/Roberts)
* London Song (Kulberg/Roberts)
* Mississippi Moon (Rowan)
* Losing All the Years (Kulberg/Roberts)
* Despair Tire (Greene/Kulberg/Roberts)

All of this LP was included on a two-on-one CD release;

* Seatrain/Marblehead Messenger, Seatrain, 1999