Skylab crash parody song from 1979?
RayLev
2011-09-23 21:11:57 UTC
Does anyone remember the song parody played by Dr. D back in 1979 when
Skylab fell to earth? It was a parody of Joe Jackson's ""Is She
Really Going Out With Him?" called (I think) "Is It Really Falling
Down On Me?" sung to the same tune. I could not find any references
to it on the web, but I remember it very clearly. It would be
appropriate to play today...
band beyond description
2011-09-24 10:19:46 UTC
Post by RayLev
Does anyone remember the song parody played by Dr. D back in 1979 when
Skylab fell to earth? It was a parody of Joe Jackson's ""Is She
Really Going Out With Him?" called (I think) "Is It Really Falling
Down On Me?" sung to the same tune. I could not find any references
to it on the web, but I remember it very clearly. It would be
appropriate to play today...
Chicago DJ Steve Dahl did the song "Skylab" to the tune of the Stones'
"Shattered" (among many other funny parodies along the way); check it here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=steve%20dahl%20skylab
Jeff Morris
2011-09-24 17:06:38 UTC
Two more Skylab songs:

Skylab Fragment - Captain Australia & His Mate Downunder
Don't Let Skylab Fall On Me - Uncle Z & Alfie G

But neither is the parody you're looking for, unfortunately. Did you
hear it on KMET or another radio station? I did a quick glance at the
June and July 1979 KMET playlists and didn't find anything that
sounded like the Joe Jackson parody.
Hart Larry
2011-09-24 18:38:49 UTC
Well, in addition, I have a 45 "Skylab is Falling" Also a "spliceup record"
Skylab by Dan Dayton. I thought I had more
Hart
RayLev
2018-04-02 01:30:05 UTC
And today, April 1, 2018: China's defunct Tiangong 1 space station is expected to re-enter Earth's atmosphere later Sunday.
m***@gmail.com
2013-06-25 05:53:08 UTC
Post by RayLev
Does anyone remember the song parody played by Dr. D back in 1979 when
DON'T LET SKYLAB FALL ON ME was an original song written by Alfie G.
Look in the Dr. Demento site.
appropriate to play today...
s***@gmail.com
2018-03-28 19:04:49 UTC
Post by RayLev
Does anyone remember the song parody played by Dr. D back in 1979 when
Skylab fell to earth? It was a parody of Joe Jackson's ""Is She
Really Going Out With Him?" called (I think) "Is It Really Falling
Down On Me?" sung to the same tune. I could not find any references
to it on the web, but I remember it very clearly. It would be
appropriate to play today...
It was written by Alan Ray, Bobby Degenero & Bill Vorndik in Nashville