Grandma's in the cellar.....
w***@gmail.com
2020-08-01 17:48:03 UTC
We sing

Grandmas in the cellar
God bless her can't you smell her
Shes cookin on that old dirty stove
Her eyes are filled with batter
Its drippin in the batter
And the snot keeps runnin down her nose

Down her nose(sniff)×2
And the snot keeps runnin Down her nose(sniff)×2
Lynne Richards
2022-12-13 05:35:51 UTC
These lyrics were taught to me by my grandfather in the 60's and 70's. My grandfather was born in 1898 and knew all kinds of fun and/or nasty songs.

Oh, Grandma's in the cellar
Oh, lordy can't you smell her.
She's cookin' pancakes on that dam ole dirty stove.
Her eyes are filled with matter,
Her nose is in the batter,
And the (sniff, sniffs) runnin' down her nose.

Down her no-ose. (sniff sniff)
Down her no-ose. (sniff)

And the (sniff, sniffs) runnin' down her nose.
Eli Neman
It's called the Grandma In The Cellar Song, which is a Boy Scouts song.
Lisa Pflueger
2023-04-14 16:29:58 UTC
The version I learned is very similar:
Grandma's in the cellar
Lordy can't you smell her
Bakin' biscuits on her dirt, dirt, dirty stove
In her eye there is a matter
that keeps drippin' in the batter
And she whistles as the (juicy sniff) runs down her nose.....
N. Reese
2023-09-10 18:36:18 UTC
Post by Lynne Richards
Grandma's in the cellar
Lordy can't you smell her
Bakin' biscuits on her dirt, dirt, dirty stove
In her eye there is a matter
that keeps drippin' in the batter
And she whistles as the (juicy sniff) runs down her nose.....
Well, this is too funny! I love these children's songs-- children have a whole "culture" of their own that gets passed down from older children to younger children, year after year.

The version of this song I heard goes like this:

Granny's in the cellar,
Lordy, can't you smell her?
Makin' biscuits on her dirty stove (Dirty stove!)
In her eyes there is a matter
Drippin' in the batter,
And the [SNORT!] keeps runnin' down her nose!

(Chorus)
Down her nose! [SNORT, SNORT!]
Down her nose! [SNORT, SNORT!]
And the [SNORT!] keeps runnin' down her nose!
[SNORT, SNORT!]
In her eyes there is a matter,
Drippin' in the batter,
And the [SNORT] keeps runnin' down her nose!

Wherever it says "[SNORT]," the singer is supposed to produce a nice, juicy, snot-sucking noise!

There are probably countless variations on this, just as there are countless variations on that children's take-off of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"-- you know, the one that starts with "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school..."
Jeff Morris
2023-09-16 13:24:04 UTC
Funny enough, he plays the song on the show this week!
C JG
2023-10-31 16:15:41 UTC
Post by Jeff Morris
Funny enough, he plays the song on the show this week!
I am from NE Pa. I used to sing:

Granny's in the cellar
Lordy can't you smell her
She's mixin' up a batch of cookies on her greasy stove
Her eyes are full of matter
Which keeps running in the batter
And the (big sniff or snort) keeps running from her nose
From her nose, from her nose
And the (sniff or snort) keeps running from her nose

I never thought I would find this song online!