The Dr. Demento Show #15-26 - June 27, 2015
Jeff Morris
2015-06-27 17:49:16 UTC
playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
* You can request songs for the show at http://drdemento.com/request/
* Past playlists are at the Demented Music Database (http://dmdb.org/)
* The Dr. Demento Show is online at http://drdemento.com/online.html?i=DDS1526

The Dr. Demento Show #15-26 - June 27, 2015
Special Topic: top ten

Shaddap You Face - Joe Dolce
Shut Up And Drink Your Beer - Doye O'Dell
Shut-Ups - The Wild Tones
Just Glue Some Gears On It (And Call It Steampunk) - Sir Reginald Pikedevant, Esquire
Sir Reginald's Marvellous Organ - Sir Reginald Pikedevant, Esquire
I Took My Organ To The Party - Larry Vincent & Jenadoos
The Piccolo Song - Judy Marshall
Demented News With Whimsical Will
Funny - Chuckhole & The Asphalts
The Further Adventures Of Nick Danger (excerpt) - The Firesign Theatre

Ol' Ben Lucas - Kinky Friedman
History Is Made By Stupid People - The Arrogant Worms
Dumb Is Fun - The Android Sisters
Blame The Viking - Ceann
The Little Comb-Over Boy - Todd Chappelle
Harley-Davidson - Roberto & The Tickety2

The Killer Shrews - Michael Aitch Price & His Musical Miscreants
The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
Junior, Junior, Junior (Where's My Little People Eater) - Russ Regan & Laura Lane
The Reluctant Cannibal - Flanders & Swann
I Need A Nap - Squirm & Germ

Code Monkey - Jonathan Coulton
The White Collar Holler - Stan Rogers
White Wine - Roberto & The Tickety2
Beer Is Better Than Women - Axel The Sot
Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - Joseph Spence
Twelve Days Of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie

#10 The Other Kids Call Me Four Eyes - Melissa Gaunt w/ The Caldwell County Convict Chorus
#9 Disco Toilet - Hersh & Chipkin
#8 TVGB's - Tyler Von Jeebes
#7 The War On Gluten - Dave & Brian
#6 Wet Dream - Kip Addotta
#5 Mother Pheasant Plucker - Hank Green & The Perfect Strangers
#4 Foil - "Weird Al" Yankovic
#3 Mr. Jaws - Dickie Goodman
EXTRA: When The Sharks Come Swimming In - Darren Chraplak (age 9)
#2 Benedict Cumberbatch - Insane Ian

#1 Dr. Pepper - Carla Ulbrich f/ Steve Goodie
next week: all-American
David J Tanny
2015-06-28 16:44:24 UTC
David J Tanny
2015-06-28 16:45:07 UTC
#1 Dr. Pepper - Carla Ulbrich f/ Steve Goodie
next week: all-American
2015 is the year of the commercial parody. Glad to see one hit #1.
R H Draney
2015-07-06 09:10:36 UTC
#1 Dr. Pepper - Carla Ulbrich f/ Steve Goodie
next week: all-American
2015 is the year of the commercial parody. Glad to see one hit #1.
I'm curious how Carla managed to do an entire song about the things she
finds disturbing about Dr Pepper without mentioning the absence of the .
after "Dr" on the label...I'm far from the first person who's noticed this,
and at least quasi-serious scholarship has gone into finding out why it's
missing....

Anybody?...r
Jeff Morris
2015-07-13 12:59:14 UTC
Is it British? I seem to notice British people leaving out the period at the end of abbreviations like Dr.
R H Draney
2015-07-13 22:21:02 UTC
Post by Jeff Morris
Is it British? I seem to notice British people leaving out the period
at the end of abbreviations like Dr.
It's not British in the case of Dr Pepper (the explanation given by the
company is that it just looks better on the can without it), but they do
have a different rule...as I understand it, either you don't need the
period as long as the abbreviation doesn't spell a word, or you don't need
it if the abbreviation includes the last letter of the unabbreviated word,
both of which apply in the case of Dr....r