[Q] Is there a recording of "I Think Bluegrass Sucks" (Larry Rand?)
Cara Lamb
2021-12-05 19:03:26 UTC
Larry Rand wrote it. He never had a record. WFMT recorded it; only recording, as far as I know. The verses told a story of camping next to a bluegrass band, singing this in hopes of shutting them up, whereupon the bluegrass players riff on it.
Hi!
I recently heard a wonderful song called "I Think Bluegrass Sucks" ---
which I believe to be written by a gentleman named Larry Rand --- and am
very much looking for an album with it, should one exist.
"I don't care what the good book's sayin',
I don't care how well you're playin'
I don't care what melody the banjo plucks
I don't care what tune you play ---
I just hope you go away!
'cause I think Bluegrass sucks!"
Any pointers towards towards an album containing a performance of this
song would be most appreciated; thank you!
Shadowood Animation
2023-03-03 00:43:24 UTC
Post by Cara Lamb
Larry Rand wrote it. He never had a record. WFMT recorded it; only recording, as far as I know. The verses told a story of camping next to a bluegrass band, singing this in hopes of shutting them up, whereupon the bluegrass players riff on it.
Hi!
I recently heard a wonderful song called "I Think Bluegrass Sucks" ---
which I believe to be written by a gentleman named Larry Rand --- and am
very much looking for an album with it, should one exist.
"I don't care what the good book's sayin',
I don't care how well you're playin'
I don't care what melody the banjo plucks
I don't care what tune you play ---
I just hope you go away!
'cause I think Bluegrass sucks!"
Any pointers towards towards an album containing a performance of this
song would be most appreciated; thank you!
I'm currently listening to a version of this song by a female singer (and found this post trying to identify who the lady is). It came to me in a dump of other filk recordings.