The Dr. Demento Show #16-41 - October 8, 2016
Jeff Morris
2016-10-08 11:50:48 UTC
playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
* You can request songs for the show at http://drdemento.com/request/
* Past playlists are at the Demented Music Database (http://dmdb.org/)
* The Dr. Demento Show is online at http://drdemento.com/online.html?i=DDS1641

The Dr. Demento Show #16-41 - October 8, 2016
Special Topic: random

pi - Hard 'n Phirm
Zombie Apocalypse Barbecue - Consortium Of Genius
Zilch - The Monkees
Uncle Jack Sez Relax - Charles Webb & Tom Bolton
Tech Support For Dad - Tom Smith
Squirrels - The Beastly Boys
Smart Girls - Brian Wilson
Demented News With Whimsical Will

Sea Of Grass - The Billy Nayer Show
Scrambled Eggs - Jimmy Fallon (f/ Paul McCartney)
Sarah Palin Vs. The Flobots - Robert Lund
Revenge Of The Nerds - The Rubinoos
Oral Hygiene - Mr. Elk & Mr. Seal
Nincompoops Have All The Fun - Yogi Yorgesson
Napoleon - Billy Murray
My Home Town - Tom Lehrer
Mr. Ed - Tiny Tim & The Gloomchasers

Martha Goes Camping - Mr. Whitekeys & The Fabulous Spamtones
Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour - Vegas '99 - Mark Fitchett Orchestra f/ Dick Dow
Kill The Wabbit - Ozzy Fudd (Mark McCollum)
In The Mood - Henhouse Five Plus Too

I Love The Ocean - Logan Whitehurst & The Junior Science Club
He Ate Too Many Jelly Donuts - Rick Dees & His Cast Of Idiots
Get Out Of My Lane - Gio & The Proteens
Elmer Fudd Sings Bruce Springsteen ("Fire") - Robin Williams
Elizabeth & Richard - John & Marsha
Down With V.E.G. - The Amazing Onionheads
Down South - Woody Allen

Detachable Penis - King Missile
Catch It And You Keep It - National Lampoon
Bingo, Ringo! - Daws Butler (Huck's Voice)
Big Ten-Inch Record - Moose Jackson w/ Tiny Bradshaw's Orchestra
Beans In My Ears - The Serendipity Singers
Be A Hobo - Moondog
Amazin' Man - John Bird (as Idi Amin)
Seven Old Ladies Locked In A Lavatory - Oscar Brand
Save A Fighter Pilot's Ass - Oscar Brand w/ The Roger Wilco Four
Roll Your Leg Over - Oscar Brand

The Finest Fucking Family - Oscar Brand
next week: elections
RH Draney
2016-10-14 13:49:24 UTC
Post by Jeff Morris
playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
The Dr. Demento Show #16-41 - October 8, 2016
Special Topic: random
Napoleon - Billy Murray
In introducing this song, Dr Demento said that nobody's exactly sure how
many recordings Billy Murray made during his career...I wonder if part
of the reason for that is that he wasn't always officially credited....

About ten years ago on a podcast called "The Dawn of Sound", they played
a 1912 Edison cylinder of "By the light of the silvery moon" credited to
"Ada Jones and male quartet"...the individual backup singers aren't
named, but I'd swear one of them (who gets a line in each chorus all to
himself) was Murray, and the announcers for the podcast made a similar
suggestion after the song had finished playing....

(As a well-known collector, the Doc may have some version of this
recording in his possession, or if not, it's in the archives of the UCSB
Cylinder preservation project)....r
Jeff Morris
2016-10-15 13:49:22 UTC
Billy Murray and Ada Jones certainly recorded together many times, and Billy Murray recorded with the American Quartet and maybe others (I forget without checking), so this certainly seems likely. Many artists also went under pseudonyms at that time in order to record on other labels while under contract to one label. I'm not sure if Billy Murray did that or not.